Tuesday, October 23, 2007



Hi folks,
Sorry I haven’t posted for a while, been having problems with my Internet connection.
Had a couple of interesting e-mails over the last week, one from Judy, this is a very extraordinary Lady, she’s going on the trip of a lifetime, you can read more about her trip here: http://www.alpinechallenge.info/ and I am trying Judy.
Anyway, back to my little journey, fired of a few more sponsorship e-mails this week, trying to update some of my kit, jacket, boots, down trousers etc.
Back to the training, just pottering around really at the moment, until we get a proper schedule, I’ll just do what I think will benefit me. Still cycling, running and need to get myself into pulling those tyres!
Food, a friend of mine at work, (Hi Roz) has told me about a great web site that has just about every type of diet supplements that you can think of, so if any of you are seriously into any kind of sport please go have a look. http://www.myprotein.co.uk/ I will be using the powdered oats and the flapjack through out any of my excursions in to the outdoors from now on.
Some people have been asking about the kit that will be used on the trip, well I’ll try to go through my stuff one piece every week. This week the tent:
The one that I have decided to take along is the Mountain Hardware E.V.2. Above is a picture of the tent, before I have had it customized. When I get it back from Antarctica tents http://www.antarcticatents.co.uk/ it will have snow flaps fitted, for holding the tent down in high winds, and also a trapdoor put into the groundsheet, for when we need to use the stove inside the tent, (a very hairy experience with liquid fuel stoves the first time that you do it!). Mountain Hardware tents, are purposely designed for the type of journey that we will be doing, and are absolutely bomb proof. I spent months reading reviews and looking around before I made this selection.
That’s about it for this time folks; hope that you found this entry worth reading.

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner