Saturday, November 3, 2007

Stove.


Hello again folks,
Things are really getting a little bit bonkers at the moment! There is so much going on. Had a reply from one of my begging e-mails this week, Furtec ( http://www.furtech.co.uk ) have very generously agreed to give me one of their Claw jackets to use on the crossing.
Spoke to Charlie Patton, and he will be coming down to meet us in a couple of weeks, so will be able to sort out the final kit list, and training programme.
This weeks bit of kit is the stove. The M.S.R. Ex, as with most things in this kind of trip, you have to go with the best that you can afford. I bought this stove last year; it is the latest in their line of multi-fuel stoves. These stoves are a delight in their simplicity, as you hardly need any tools to strip them down (my titanium spoon is made by the same people, and has all the spanner heads needed to undo all the nuts as part of the handle). The stove runs on just about any liquid fuel that you can get your hands on, but white gas (naptha) is best. Also, I will be taking along my old M.S.R. Wisperlite stove, as a spare if the Ex gets damaged beyond repair.
Sorry about not putting a picture of the sleeping bag on the last post, but I up-loaded it to the server, but for some reason it never made it to the site.

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner